shinobicontrols is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
shinobicontrols may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and company
- Contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We will use the information for internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may email you using the email address which you have provided to ask your consent to receive promotional emails about information which we think you may find interesting. If you consent, we may periodically send such emails.
- We may email you regarding matters pertaining to your account.
- If you have downloaded a trial version of our software we will send you an email containing your 30 day trial key.
- We use the services of third party organiztions to assist us in operating our business. It is sometimes necessary to transfer your personal information to the third party in order to do this. These third parties are:
- HubSpot, Inc
- Google, LLC
- Bright Market LLC, dba FastSpring Limited
How long we hold your personal information for
- If you request that we remove your personal information from our systems, we will do so within 1 month of your request being received.
- We will remove your personal information from our systems within 2 years of the latest occurrence of any of the following events:
- You cease to be associated with a paid shinobi license.
- You submit a form on our website.
- You contact us by email with a request for support.
- You respond to one of our emails.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
First-party (shinobicontrols) cookies
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, are as follows:
- PHPSESSID: this cookie identifies your website session and is strictly necessary for the website to work. It does not contain any personally identifiable information.
- cb-enabled: this relates to our cookie permissions bar: once you accept cookies its contents are deleted so that the cookie bar is no longer shown. It does not contain any personally identifiable information.
- trialFormSubmit: if you submit the trial form, this cookie temporarily stores your email address and the required platform, in order to fulfil the trial download. The data is deleted from the cookie as soon as the download starts. It uses the Secure and SameSite attributes to prevent the data being sent in plain text or used by any other website. It is strictly necessary in order for the trial download to work.
- _ga, _gid, _gat, _gac_<property_id>: These are set by Google Analytics, which we use to collect data about website usage. This data does not include personally identifiable information. Google provides its own information on safeguarding your data, including how to opt out. Note that we use IP masking so your full IP address is not sent to Google Analytics.
Our websites will set several types of third-party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
- IDE and NID: These are set by Google. IDE is set by Google because we have an AdWords account linked to our Google Analytics account. NID is a Google preferences cookie. See here for more details.
- __cfduid: This is set by HubSpot, who provide the trial and contact forms on our website. It is strictly necessary in order for the forms to work.
- Cookies on youtube.com: these cookies are set by YouTube on pages in which we have embedded YouTube videos.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you may be sent one email which will give you information about how to manage your email preferences. You will not be sent any further automated emails unless you click the link in the email to subscribe to them.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking the unsubscribe link in any of the emails.
- You may request that we remove all personal information we hold about you from our systems by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may request that we restrict the processing of all personal information we hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will correct any information found to be incorrect without undue delay and within one month of receipt.
If you are dissatisfied with the way we have processed your personal information you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office or another supervisory authority.
Company Registration Information
Scott Logic Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Company Registration number 05377430