User Experience – The difference between a good and a great appPosted on 31 Jan 2013
The increasing demand from the Apple developer community to design and build apps that deliver an outstanding user experience has really driven everyone here at Shinobi HQ to extend our portfolio with a new set of interactive and highly polished UI controls called ShinobiEssentials.
All of us at ShinobiControls believe that the user experience is at the heart of a great app and we have also found that developers want to pick UI controls off the shelf, where a lot of the hard work has already been done.
The ShinobiControls team has applied particular focus to developing controls with great performance, gesture recognition and smoothness of appearance. Through meticulous attention to detail, the result has been a great beta program and now the full release of a collection of controls that can enhance many apps.
For us, this is just the start and we have great plans in place to enhance and add to the portfolio incorporating all the feedback that we can gather.
A full tour of the controls can be seen here, but in summary we have:
- Sliding overlay panel: Hide and reveal content – ideal for creating menus where space is limited
- Progress and activity indicator: Graphically represent a time indicator – a very neat tool
- Tabbed view: Switch between different display panels by adding tabs to your app
- Flow layout panel: Create flow layouts – ideal for storyboards and photo galleries
- Accordion: Maximize your screen space by presenting bespoke data in a vertical stack
Give them a whirl… We’re sure you won’t be disappointed!
PS: Don’t forget to visit ShinobiDeveloper to see FAQ’s, QuickStart guides and API documents – all designed to help you integrate Essentials into your app.Back to News