Quick Start Guide – Installation
shinobiessentials now ships with an installer, to make it easier to get started. To run the installer, run the
.dmg file which you downloaded from shinobicontrols. When it opens up, it should look as below.
The easiest way to install the shinobiessentials framework is to run the
install.pkg file. This will install the framework into Xcode for you, along with the framework documentation. This means you can add the framework to your project in the same way as you would any of the frameworks which are automatically shipped with Xcode.
If you don’t want to run the installer, the framework is also contained within the shinobiessentials folder in the disk image. Regardless of whether you ran the installer, you will need to copy this folder onto your machine, so let’s do that now. Drag the shinobiessentials folder onto the Desktop icon in the disk image. This will copy the folder onto your desktop.
The shinobiessentials folder contains:
- A copy of the framework.
shinobiessentials.bundlefile which contains all the resources which the framework needs.
- A copy of the documentation for the framework.
- A set of samples to demonstrate getting started with shinobiessentials.
- An uninstall script for uninstalling the shinobiessentials framework from Xcode.
- The Xamarin.iOS version of the framework.
- A README file with setup steps.
- A text file containing the version number.
- A copy of the ShinobiControls license.
- A change log containing the changes made to this release.
Adding shinobiessentials to your project
To add shinobiessentials to your Xcode project, you need to add a reference to the shinobiessentials framework, and the bundle which contains its resources. There are two ways of doing this:
- If you have run the Essentials installer, the easiest way to add the framework is to open up the project window, go to the Build Phases tab, and select to add frameworks in the “Link Binary With Libraries” section. In the menu which is displayed, select
- If you didn’t run the pkg installer, you can drag the framework into your project from the shinobiessentials folder on your desktop.
Once you have added the shinobiessentials framework to your project, you will need to add the shinobiessentials bundle, so that the framework has all of the resources it needs. Drag this file from the shinobiessentials folder on your desktop into your project.
shinobiessentials makes use of the
QuartzCore.framework, so you should add this to your project from the “Link Binary With Libraries” section of the project window. Trial users will need to import
To check you have done all of this correctly, open up the project window, go to the Build Phases tab and check that
QuartzCore.framework are both under “Link Binary With Libraries”, and that
shinobiessentials.bundle is listed under “Copy Bundle Resources”.
Individual control quick start guides
There is a quick start guide for each individual control. They are listed below: